Introduction to ThermaSteel
The TV program "This New House" on the DIY network recently featured ThermaSteel in one of their episodes. Check out this 5 minute example of how our panels are installed, providing considerable improvement in ENERGY EFFICIENCY, DURABILITY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY over conventional construction. Considering the recent tornado destruction, should we really be building with sticks held together by nails?
Please contact me with your questions and comments. If you don't have my email address, just click here to go to the "Contact Us" page, or give me a call.
- Roy Schmidt
ThermaSteel Pre-Insulated Panels vs Stick Built.
A cost-effective alternative to Stick-Built construction with energy savings up to 58%
In one step ThermaSteel takes the place of:
- Stud Framing
- Separate Insulation Cost & Installation
- Vapor Barrier – No wrapping with Tyvek
- Exterior Sheathing
The Advantages of ThermaSteel:
- Strength of Steel
- Speed of Construction
- Energy Savings
- Acoustic Performance
- Environmental Conservation
Eliminates Culling of Lumber
- Eliminates Cutting On Jobsite & Waste in Landfill
- All rough openings are in place & framed.
Green & Energy Star Compliant
- A 2000 sq. ft. stick-built house uses 200 8.5" trees.
- A ThermaSteel house uses recycled steel from 3 autos.
Saves Time & Labor
An inexperienced crew of 5 completed the walls of a one story 4000 sq. ft. building in SEVEN HOURS, ready for roof trusses.
- No CFC's or HCFC's – no off gassing.
- No Formaldehyde
- No fungus, no decay or moisture gain
- Will not rot – highly resistant to mildew & mold
- No food value for termites
Superior Insulation & Tightness
- 3.5" Panel = R22 Effective
- 5.5" Panel = R30 effective*
For example, this 1900 sq. ft. house in Asheville, NC with Thermasteel walls and roof panels was heated during Dec. 2010 and Jan. 2011′s record cold with only $38 worth of natural gas each month for December and January.
That bears repeating:
- 1900 Sq Ft House built with ThermaSteel walls & roof panels
- In Asheville, NC
- $38 per mo. natural gas bill for December 2010 & January 2011
Oak Ridge Lab rated a 2×6 stud wall with R19 insulation at R13.7
(But only if the insulation is perfectly installed.)
ThermaSteel outperforms a wood stud insulated wall by 58%.
(ASHRAE Journal 3/96)
Meets All Certifications
- Core of Engineers
Hurricane Resistant to 180 MPH Wind
ThermaSteel is the Best Possible Choice of
Energy Efficiency and Strength for the Price.
Click here for three more excellent short videos on ThermaSteel.